* The club name was changed at the AGM on 27th May 2015 to Highcliffe and Infinity Photography Club. A revised constitution will published shortly.
Highcliffe And Infinity Camera Club
- The name of the Club is “Highcliffe And Infinity Camera Club.”
- The object of the Club is to promote and further the interests of its members in the art and science of photography, by meeting in person for mutual cooperation, education, entertainment or competition.
- Membership shall be open to any one who agrees to abide by the Rules of the Club, as published from time to time.
- Any variation to this Constitution after its first acceptance by the members shall require the approval of two thirds of those voting at an Annual General Meeting (AGM) or Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM). The Chairman of the meeting will have a casting vote should it be necessary.
- This Constitution will come into effect immediately after the AGM or EGM at which it is adopted. The initial acceptance of the Constitution will require a simple majority of those voting, with the Chairman of the meeting having a casting vote should it be necessary. An agenda for the AGM will be posted on the club notice board not less than three weeks prior to the date of the meeting as shown in the Club’s programme for the year. Notice of an intended EGM will be given not less than two weeks prior to the meeting. Members unable to attend may register a proxy vote by advising any committee member not later than 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Membership and Subscriptions
6. A member is any person who has paid the appropriate membership subscription and whose application to join has not been refused by the Membership Secretary acting on behalf of the Committee. By applying for membership, applicants acknowledge that they have read and accept this constitution.
- The Committee shall have the right, for good and sufficient reason, to decline an application for membership or to withdraw membership.
- Members are required to pay an annual subscription, as agreed at the most recent Annual General Meeting (AGM) or Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM). Subscriptions are payable within three weeks of the start of a season or not later than the second meeting attended, whichever is later. The Membership Secretary may exercise discretion regarding the timing of individual payments.
- Members may elect to join as a “Competition Member” or a “Social Member.” Social Members will not be eligible to enter club competitions but may represent the club in inter- club competitions. Student Membership is available to members above the age of 16 who are in full time education. Subject to the Member’s subscription being paid up to date, all classes of member are eligible to vote at meetings where a vote is called for.
10. Subscriptions for members joining during a season may be pro-rated at the discretion of the Membership Secretary.
11. Prospective members may attend for up to four visits during any one season. The second and subsequent visits will be subject to a Visitor’s Fee, which will be as agreed at the most recent Annual General Meeting (AGM) or Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM).
12. The Club shall have the power to award Honorary Membership to any member for exceptional service to the Club.
13. The Club will be managed by a Committee, consisting of not less than 7 members and not more than 9 members, and shall include the following officers: Chairman; Secretary; Membership Secretary; Programme Co-ordinator; Treasurer; Internal Competitions Secretary; External Competitions Secretary. The responsibilities of the Committee will include the production of a programme and creating or maintain such affiliations and alliances as are considered suitable to help fulfil the aims of the Club.
14. Officers of the Club will be elected at each AGM to serve for the following year, with the appointment being effective from the close of the relevant AGM.
15. Nominations for each office should be notified to the Secretary not less than four weeks prior to the AGM and will be notified to Members not less than three weeks prior to the AGM, subject to the nominated member having indicated their willingness to stand.
16. Officers and Committee members are eligible for re-election each year. The Chairman shall not be eligible in that capacity for more than two years in succession. In order to provide continuity to the Committee, the retiring Chairman is invited to serve on the committee for a further year.
17. The Committee may appoint sub committees from amongst its members as and when considered appropriate. Where a sub committee is appointed, a quorum shall be three of its members. Co -opted members may serve on sub-committees.
18. The affairs of the Club shall be managed by the above officers. Vacancies during the year will be filled by co-option.
21 January, 2015